The deadline to submit applications has closed. You will be notified if your application for funds is accepted. We anticipate notifications will go out early February.
Homeowners who did not have a flood insurance policy and whose primary residence was impacted by floods as a result of Hurricane Harvey may apply. The cost to rebuild your home must exceed the amount of relief funds provided by FEMA. Open to residents who reside within Harris and the contiguous counties as well as Jefferson County.
Items required to apply
- Insurance claim denial letter
- Written estimate of damages used by insurance company and FEMA
- FEMA assistance documents detailing the amount of funds from FEMA (or if you were denied by FEMA explaining why)
- Name of any additional grants or funds applied for (if applicable)
- Photos of home showing the extent of the damage caused by the flood
- An estimate by a licensed contractor with itemized costs
- An explanation of any costs incurred as a direct result of you being displaced (secondary living expenses such as rent, hotel, etc.)
- Total household income prior to Hurricane Harvey
The applications will be reviewed by a the advisory committee and an independent third party.
Members of the HGA board of directors and executive committee, the advisory committee and anyone directly involved with the fundraising effort and their immediate families are ineligible. Members of the 2017-2018 PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, and LPGA TOUR are ineligible. However, members of the PGA of America may be eligible if they meet the criteria to apply.